As a private research center, we are committed to upholding scientific quality of research, quality of project management and ethical standards. To keep up with these objectives, the institute has submitted itself to the control of an additional body named Wissenschaftliche Leitung (Scientific Management Board).
The Board is comprised of two academic delegates from the institute and two academic members of the Hochschule Neu-Ulm (Neu-Ulm University of Applied Sciences). The functions of the Board are to:
- approve new projects funded with public money,
- control the quality of ongoing projects,
- ensure compliance with academic and ethical standards.
The members of the Board are:
• Prof. Dr. Heiko Gewald, Hochschule Neu-Ulm
• Prof. Dr. Achim Weiand, Hochschule Neu-Ulm
• Prof. Dipl. Ing. Peter Adelmann, Institute id-eee
• Prof. Dr. Bernard Wagemann, Institute id-eee
All decisions of the Board, e.g. approval of new projects and affirmation of compliance with defined standards, must be made unanimously.
The rights and duties of the institute are set out in a cooperation agreement with the Neu-Ulm University of Applied Sciences. The agreement gives the institute the status of an An-Institut (an institute contractually associated to but legally independent of the University).